Monday, May 3, 2010





Life has an unexpected way of reminding you that every day is a gift and every day should be treasured. A few weeks ago my daughter got sick, no one thought much of it, just a fever and headache - that was until last Saturday when she was found unresponsive in her bed and she was rushed to the ER. She some how contracted a rare strep that oddly traveled into her brain. God was watching over her because she underwent emergency brain surgery at Yale and is now recovering - I am told a few hours later would have been too late. Needless to say, my photography took a back seat until yesterday when my Julia asked to go to the Healing Garden on the roof at Yale - she is above with her dad. While there, she helped me find some other neat photos to take so I could submit them for class and not get an F - LOL - Life is unexpected, live it and love it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the trauma you all went through. Thank God all seems like it will be okay. Your images from the rooftop are just as transcendent as if you went on a long trip to find them. I particularly like the trees reflected in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story had me choked up.. Just another testimony on how good GOD really is.

    I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. Stay encouraged! Yes, God has great stories for you to tell your daughter when she recovers. My thoughts are prayers are with your family. I know too well about unexpected things life brings. My son was 7 when he had a serious illness. God will bring you through this as well. Take care!

    ReplyDelete