Sunday, April 11, 2010

Week 4 - Assignment: Shadows and Light




These photographs were taken in my neighborhood. Again I could not pick my best two, but narrowed them down to three this time. I had to post these three because although the top two are my favorite, the bottom one has a very interesting light reflection to it. I took the third one looking through glass so that is where the reflection of the trees, sky, and light comes into play, and then I focused in on the top of the lantern from inside of it which his where the holes come into play. The second photo is of my neighbor's house and was taken later in the day when the sun was going down. You can see the light reflecting off of the north side of the house and has an interesting shadow drawn under the roof of the porch. I'm not sure if it is just my imagination, but I personally found this picture fascinating because when I look at the bottom of the photo where the stairs are, the actual image looks like it is stretched a bit in that area making it seem as if the bottom edge of the picture is skewed into somewhat of a curve. Can anyone else see that? Finally, the top picture is a close-up shot of the top of the lantern that I have outside of my house with light blaring into the right side of it which is then casting a shadow on the reverse side which I thought was interesting.

2 comments:

  1. The bottom one is the strongest of the three... in terms of the "mystery" of the way you perceived the light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the third image it reminds me of somethig you would find under te sea in a coral reef.

    ReplyDelete