Tuesday, March 23, 2010

mmnotz - Composition


I drove around New Haven in the morning on Sunday and although I took some really great photos, I just could not find something that I felt was unique and different - so what do you do when you need some inspiration and your down in New Haven, you go shopping at Ikea of course! (LOL) Later that day my daughter and I (13 and future photographer) decided to jump in the car and just drive until we found something that was exciting. Our first adventure was sneaking into the private golf course in Branford to grab a shot of a water scene, but that was not a fitting photo for this assignment. So we jumped back in the car and ended up down a dirt road to turn around, and found ourselves at an abandoned train yard for Tilcon in Branford, CT - we got excited! We found architecture, lines, color, composition and photos that were unique and different.

6 comments:

  1. these are awsome pictures, you said you took these pictures in new haven?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I love the story of you driving around with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol,
    I took them in Branford where they store the old Tilcon trains - they had a good 50 or more of them there, but these two were my favorite. Thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny, I drove around with my daughter to take pictures too. We ended up in a dirty old area on the wrong side of the tracks in Wallingford, but I got some great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the graffiti images and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This photo picks up a lot of detail. I like them.

    ReplyDelete