Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Photography Post #1

Hello fellow classmates and photographers! My name is Mica Notz and I absolutely LOVE photography! I grab my camera when ever I can to escape and reconnect with all those beautiful things around me. I currently have a website with a database of over 30 thousand photos - did I mention that photography is my passion? I am married with two awesome children. I love to travel, donate my time to charity, play in the dirt in my garden and every now and then I will pick up a paint brush and do some painting - not that I am any good at it, I just like spending time every now and then creating my own pieces of serenity. You can view my photos at www.fotothing.com/mmnotz

5 comments:

  1. Great idea for a self-portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super bio, Mica! Welcome to class!... love the self portrait...photographing through the viewfinder is something I am starting to play with... just bought an old TLR for $0.99 on eBay to take pictures of what is on its glass viewfinder....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mica...I agree that is a cool idea for a self-portrait! I'm curious though...how exactly did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mica, We meet again! Did you take a picture of your picture in the camera? I'm also interested to know how you did that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - My Nikon D300 has a live view mode so I can see myself on the screen (kind of like a video camera) I focused the camera on myself then I used my little Nikon Cool Pics camera on a tripod with the self-timer - ran back to my seat, sat down, smiled and did that about 8 times - not because I didn't get the shot, but because I hated how I looked in it! LOL

    ReplyDelete